Friday 3 June 2011

Look

something doesn't seem quite right here... hmmm...  It is Friday, I have had an art session, but I've drawn a clove of garlic, not the remnants of a cake!? Must be the heat, or was I prepared, or did I think 'arrghh I've forgotten to get something for this afternoon's session!' and just grabbed anything? I'll let you choose the correct answer (hint: it's not the second one, ooo no, no, no). Still working on the 'draw what you see' technique - I think it's getting better - or at least that's what I'm telling myself!

However, I just couldn't keep to the set task of still life and just using pencils; my friend Monsieur Fountain Pen (nickname - stylo) had an airing today. From a great book - can't remember what the title is but lent to me by Russell -pictures of lichen (one of my favourite things), a bit of seaweed and a rosehip.


           
I love working in ink. I think I'm scared to work in pencil, maybe because you can rub it out and correct mistakes (yeah, got work on that one too Emily). I will overcome this fear - let's keep going, but I'm going to have to do other things as well or I might go mad!

No comments:

Post a Comment