Monday 20 June 2011

Bet you can tell I've got no job (at the moment)

Look at this, another blog for you - two in a week, you lucky buggers! But as you can tell from the title of this blog I've got a bit of time to spare. You may think 'a bit of time to spare' is meant in a sarcastic manner - but I promise you it isn't. Whilst I am hunting high and low for a job I am also volunteering (if you've never ever done any volunteering before, do it! So much fun!). Every Tuesday and Wednesday I'm out with BTCV (www.btcv.org) and then alternating my weekends between GVCV (www.gvcv.org.uk) and the Gloucestershire Arts and Crafts Centre (www.gloucestershireartsandcraftscentre.co.uk).
I am having such a good time - meeting new people and learning new skills (construction of post and barbed-wire fencing, for one example), so I am filling my weekly diary up nicely. It is also a form of relief from the constant drone of filling out application forms.
But on the days that I am not fixing fences, encouraging biodiversity or selling excellent pieces of local art and craftwork I find refuge in the backroom, in the mess of the craft room - and I mean mess - ask Tom, but it's my mess. Ask me where something is and I can (possibly) tell you where it is.
This week:

A brooch, mum.

Another brooch, mum
 Speak soon xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment